Your First WordPress Blog Post
When you first log into WordPress you are taken to the “Dashboard” where WordPress is controlled. And here is where you’ll create your first blog post in six easy steps.
- Click “Posts” from the menu on the left side.
- Click “Add New” from the drop down option that will appear below “Posts”.
- Click and then type “This Is The Title Of My First Post” in the Title area at the top.
- Then click and type “This is the content of my first post” in the body are of the page.
- Click the blue “Publish” button on the right side.
- And finally, click the “View Post” link that appears after you publish.
It really is that easy. I think the hardest part is simply remembering what to press next.
Once a page is published, if you return to the page, the “Publish” button will change to say “Update”. You can edit it to your hearts content and then the “Update” button to quickly update the page.